About Relaxed Performances
Relaxed Performances are for families with one or more children with special needs. They are designed to provide an opportunity for people with autism, learning difficulties or other sensory and communication needs who require a more relaxed environment.
"It was nice to be able to go somewhere knowing that everyone was in the same situation and, not having to worry about your child being disruptive!"
Mousetrap Theatre Projects' Relaxed Performances involve:
- Adjustments to sound and lighting in the production
- Free support resources to help families prepare for the theatre visit
- Trained volunteers and staff to help at the event
- ‘Time-out’ areas with a screen streaming the onstage action
- A relaxed and supportive atmosphere that allows young people to access West End shows without the usual restraints of 'theatre rules'
Previous MTP Relaxed Performances
Mousetrap Theatre Projects has been running Relaxed Performance in the West End since 2012 - To see more about our past Relaxed Performances click here
Sadly, wheelchair spaces are always very limited. We always endevaour to increase the wheelchair allocation at relaxed performances but we suggest getting in touch with us before applying for relaxed performance tickets.
Other Ways To Find Out About Accessible Theatre
- Visit Official London Theatre's Access Page and sign up to their newsletter.
- Other Opportunites for Accessible Theatre
Mousetrap Theatre Projects is a charity dedicated to providing access to the West End for those who might not otherwsie have the opportunity: For details about how to donate to Mousetrap Theatre Projects please click here.
- Last modified on Tuesday, 20 September 2016 14:25